Saturday 13 April 2013

Products I've hated!

So I thought occasionally rather than doing in detail product reviews of products I absolutely hate I would bunch them up together in one big hateful blog post! Hate is a strong word but with these products in particular I can honestly say I did find them slightly annoying.

Above: Nivea Invisible for Black and White Deodorant

I never thought I'd find myself ranting about a deodorant but here it is, I am! I asked my mum to pick me up some new deodorant whilst she was out as I was running low. She came back with this for me to try, as you can see it was on sale and now  understand why! This deodorant is supposed to be just like any other normal deodorant however it is meant to help with white marks or yellow marks you can sometimes get on white and black clothing. Firstly the smell to me was very soapy which I did not find pleasant. Next the formula of the product was awful! The product should be shaken well before application to activate the product which avoid white mark stains on your clothes. However 9/10 the product would just spray foam at you and still make a mark on your clothing! Definitely not a recommended product and another example of a gimmick style product.


Above: Cutex Acetone Free Nail Polish Remover

If you have read my previous blog posts you will see I use the Cutex Nail polish remover. However I decided I would give the acetone free nail polish remover a go as I use nail polish and nail polish remover a lot and I felt if I could use something less drying to my nails it would be beneficial in the long run. I can honestly say I HATE this nail polish remover! I have since found out all acetone free nail polish removers tend to be weak but this wouldn't even budge any of my nail polish even if I completely saturated a pad in the stuff. This is really no good for me as I constantly do nail looks with multiple coats of colour or different polishes so it was really no good at all. Sadly I have one full bottle of this left and half of another as this was on a buy one get one free offer when I purchased it (again now I know why). I will not repurchase this but I will try and use this for when I am just removing the edges of nail polish off my skin when it sometimes goes over the cuticle.

Anyway thank you for reading through my mini rant on some bad products I have experienced! These type of blog posts will only happen when I encounter products I absolutely hate so HOPEFULLY don't expect many!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I didn't like the acetone free polish remover either - have you tried Fresh Therapies? They're a natural nail polish remover that I've heard are good, but haven't got a chance to try yet (it's really expensive >.<).

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? :)

    http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope I haven't ! I tend to stick to the Same brand but with acetone in! Ill give it a look and of course ill follow now!

      Claire

      Delete