I thought whilst I was doing my nails this week that I would take some pictures and do a how to blog for you guys again! This one is a how to on Crackle rainbow nails! I like to add colours to my nail looks, I don't really like plain nails much nowadays and recently I have been using crackle nail polish. I was trying to figure out how I could combine colour with crackle nail polish and I came up with this look! I hope you like it! So here is what you will need:
- A base coat of your choice
- A top coat of your choice
- 4-5 colours of your choice
- Optional: Glitter nail polish
Above: The nail polishes I used to create this look
I thought I would show a picture and list the exact products I used in case you were interested so the products I used were (from left to right) :
As my five colours:
- Rimmel London 60 Seconds 840 Blue Eyed Girls
- Rimmel London 60 Seconds 440 Sun Downer
- Rimmel London I Love Lasting Finish 700 Block Your Green
- Maybelline New York Color Show 749 Electric Yellow
- Avon nailwear pro + in Decadence
Other nail polishes:
- Base coat and top coat: NYC Expert Last Nail Polish 138 Classy-Glassy
- Rimmel London I Love Lasting Finish 500 Disco Ball
Now on to the tutorial!
1) First step is to prep the nail. Apply a base coat because we will be using a lot of colour on the nail so you want to make sure it is protected. I used NYC Expert Last Nail Polish 138 Classy-Glassy as my base coat.
2) After you have applied your base coat you can start applying colour, you basically just want to apply little sections of colour rather than painting the whole nail then painting it again with a new colour.
As you can see with the picture above you paint in sections until you reach the top of the nail. You don't have to worry too much about the cleanness of the lines in-between the colour.
3) The next step is to continue this on all your nails, since you will be waiting for a lot of polish to dry I find its best to go colour by colour on each nail so do the blue stripe on all nails then the orange on all and so on. Then once all the nails are done I would give yours hands about 5 to ten minutes to make sure all the colours are solidly dried.
4) Next is to apply your crackle nail polish as shown above on the right hand side. Do this on all your nails and again let the crackle polish completely crackle and expand before applying a top coat over it.
Above: The Finished effect!
And you're done! I hope you enjoyed this, let me know any other type of nail looks you would like to see! If you would like to see some other nail art click below:
Or for a how to on marbled nails click here.