So guys this is more of a quick bog post on why you should always depot products when you think they are finished. If you're like me and you like to save money this is a must. Most packaging nowadays doesn't allow for you to get all the product out no matter how much you squeeze the product or throw it against the wall! However if you cut it open and get a little container you can scoop out the rest of the product!
All you need is:
- A 'finished' product
- A spoon or spatula to scoop the remaining product out
- An empty case that is resealable
Above: A de-potted make-up remover cream
All you have to do is the following:
1) Cut open the package at half way
2) Use your spatula or spoon to scoop out the product that is left in the container, if its a big or weird shaped container do multiple cuts through the bottle to make sure you get everything
3) Place the scoops into a resealable container so the product lasts
4) Have more uses of your product!
Above: A de-potted face mask (seen in my product empties)
And there you go! As you can see from the two images throughout this blog post I do this a lot! Usually you get two to four more uses out of a product which is all good in the long run! I originally got this idea from when people used to depot the original urban decay primer potion because of its bad packaging! It always made me wonder how much product you have left!
Anyway I hope you guys give this a go!