Wednesday 12 June 2013

Why nail polish lovers should go checkout Poundland!

If you're the type of shopper that likes to rummage through bargain bins or products to find a steal I encourage you to read on!

Above: The various nail polishes I purchased and some nail polish remover and nail art studs

So as you can see I picked up a bit. The smaller ones that you can see in packs of three used to be £3 for the three but is now £1 for all three. At first I was reluctant to buy so many but I thought I could give them away or I will probably use them for water marbling or on friends. So lets get on to this haul!



Above: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 430 Grass Slipper



From what I can tell this one is either discontinued or not largely stocked. The largest range of colors I could find where on boots here so go check that out. As you can tell from the link these bottles go for £6.99 and I got this for a £1. I know what you're thinking... Are they thick and horrible? Do they smell overly chemically? Have the colors separated? The answer to all of those is no, I was expecting this to be a little thicker than a normal polish due to the price but its good as new! Bargain! The photo of the polish on the nail was also just one coat of the color, how amazing!

Above: Collection 2000: Hot Looks Fast Dry in 29 Big Hair

Now as most of you may know, Collection 2000 has recently narrowed its name to just Collection. So I am assuming that these ended up here due to the re-branding of packaging. I did manage to find these so go check out here where this particular color is available. For one of these you pay £1.99 which is already really cheap but I got three for £1! Again another bargain! Considering I always paint my toes red I think this was a good investment! 
Above:  Collection 2000 Hot Looks Fast Dry in 52 Shimmy Shake

This one still is on the website so go check it out here if you're interested. As you can see the packaging has changed so once again probably the reason for its new home in Poundland. To be honest I was expecting this to be a massive fail, you know how some glitter polishes can just be a disappointment even when they are brand new? I thought for a pound for the three of these glitter polishes it would end badly but actually I really like this polish. I think it will make a good one to use for Christmas. 


Above: Collection 2000 Hot Looks Fast Dry in 49 Angel wings

This polish is gorgeous, I'm sorry I think I actually fell in love with this color. It is a solid grey color and I just love it. After one coat it is a solid color too! I was so impressed! Once again I couldn't find this color but go check out here for the range. What can I say? I love it and now I have three of it, score!

Above: Swatches of the three Collection 200 Colors

Sorry for my messy nails, this was just a quick one coat to show you what they look like!

Above: Rimmel Lycra Pro Professional Finish in 315 Cocktail Passion

These Rimmel polishes I am so bargain happy over. These bad boys retail for around £4.59 and I got them for a pound! Getting three could have cost me just shy of £15 instead I only spend £3! This color can be found on so go check it out here if you'd like to buy it at boots. I have a few pinks in my collection now as I am not a big fan of pink I liked this subtle pink that I think looks great for summer.

Above: Rimmel Lycra Pro Professional Finish in 358 Jungle Princess

I've been wanting a new brown for ages, but since its not a color I wear regularly I didn't want to splurge so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to go pick one up! I must admit because of the dark color of this I couldn't work out if the solution inside had gone off, but it hadn't so we were okay! Once again I couldn't find this color but you can go check out here for the rest of the range.
Above: Rimmel Lycra Pro Professional Finish in 371 Sea Green

I love these types of greens so I was exited to get this at Poundland too! Again this color was really solid and bright and I loved it. I was able to find this online so go check it out here. I definitely think this is another summer color that could be used a lot this year.

Above: Swatches of these colors

As you can see once again after one coat these colors are incredibly solid. With all these polishes I am extremely happy with the quality of the polishes and how opaque the color is on the nail.


So overall I am so happy I popped in there to look. Now whenever I see a Poundland I am going to have a rummage through the discount nail stuff!

So have you ever picked up a bargain like this? Do you have any recommendations for places to get some great bargains? Leave them in the comments! 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some great bargains! I am going to have to make a stop at Poundland this weekend and see what I can find! :)
    I have tagged you in a post, 'the seven deadly sins of beauty', have a look and see if its something you would be interested in doing :)
    www.frecklesandflawsbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is totally worth going in there if you have a free moment or if you pass one shopping. I read this on a few other peoples blogs and thought I would pass it on because who wants to pay £5 for something you can get for a £1!

      I'll check it out no problem! Thank you for reading!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  2. love your blog!!
    would you like to do a follow for follow? :D
    my blog is:
    http://rainingfashionxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    thankyou! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the blog's even though i have just started reading them and i will continue. love the Big Hair nail varnish colour looks proper lush.

    Please would you like to do a follow for a follow? :)
    www.smilessor.blogspot.co.uk

    Tamara
    <3

    ReplyDelete