Thursday 18 July 2013

How to look after your face, body and hair in the sun!


Now the fun has FINALLY decided to show up I thought I would show you guys what I chose to use to take care of myself in the sun! A little back story on my skin, as you guys know from previous posts I have Eczema so when I burn, I peel, bad. So before I go out in the sun and after I religiously moisturize. I tend to burn easily because of my Eczema as well as my sensitive skin. I also burnt my arm pretty badly last year in the garden one evening so since then that arm has basically had burn scars... yay. So this is everything I do to avoid getting burnt as best I can!

Above: Simple Kind to Skin Protecting Moisture Cream - SPF 10

I moisturize every day as part of my skin care routine. I use this all year round as SPF for ageing is always good, but in summer in the heat it is especially good! So my first tip would be to try and have a moisturizer with SPF in your daily skin care routine!

Above: Rimmel London Wake Me Up foundation with SPF 15

If you are going to brave foundation and make-up in the summer, like I too often try and do, try and buy one you can use for the summer that has SPF in it. The Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation that I have reviewed here is perfect for this. It gives a natural glow to the skin and also has SPF 15 included. A lot of foundations offer SPF in them so find the one that you find best meets your skins needs and pick it up!

Above; Garnier Sun Protection Lip Care Medium SPF20

I think a lot of the time we forget our lips are there and that they can get burnt! Anyone had burnt lips like me? If you have you know how much it absolutely kills! Try and find a lip balm that has SPF in it like this Garnier lip balm. This will keep your lips moisturized like normal as well as protected from the sun.

Above: Garnier Protection Spray sun tan lotion SPF 50

Of course the main one we all know we should put on but think 'oh I'll be fine' or 'oh I need the tan anyway' is the sun tan lotion for your body. For me I try to get as high an SPF as possible and try and get ones like this particular Garnier one that contains both UVA and UVB protection as well as Vitamin E to nourish the skin. As long as your skin is protected from both UVA and UVB you are good to go!

Above: Solait Sunshine Defense Scalp and Hair Protection Spray

Much like the lips, we often forget about where the sun will be hitting the most... our head and hair! This is a spray that you put in your hair for protection against the sun. It smells like hairspray and sun tan lotion which is weird but the smell fades within a few minutes! It has both UVA and UVB protection so that is also good. I use this on myself and always use it on others when I'm out! This isn't just good for adults but also children as their scalps are so sensitive especially to the sun. So don't forget your hair and scalp guys!


So there you go guys that is everything I use on the rare occasions that the UK is visited with sun! What do you guys use? Let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment