Friday 3 January 2014

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation review

When I was younger I always thought all you ever needed was the one foundation. Recently I have been experimenting and trying out different and new foundations. I must admit it is nice to have that little bit of variety, just having the option of how you want your skin to look each day is really nice! So to those that like me usually stick to the same foundation I urge you to take the leap and try something new!

Anyway the latest foundation I decided to pick up and try was the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation which I have been using for around 2 weeks now. If you saw my recent boots haul you will have spotted that I hauled this product this month! 

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

Rimmel foundations, in my opinion, are always a great all rounder. They are great price for drugstore and there always seems to be a good colour selection availability. They also have great longevity and finishes, all to varying degrees.


This foundation is a perfect match for me and has a light to medium coverage - you can definitely build this foundation up. For me this foundation offers lovely coverage but not at the expense of looking natural. One of the most important factors for me is natural looking foundation but one that you can work with, that you can build up for those bad skin days but will still look natural. This foundation does just that! This has become my go to foundation for day to day. Now on to that 25 hour claim.... Is it realistic? Well the answer is no. For those of us that are out and about and very active during the day you will get the usually 8 hours wear out of it no problem. The foundation also naturally fades rather than goes patchy. However I have to say the most I have gotten out of this foundation as of yet is around 12 hours which is pretty long lasting for a foundation. You can grab this foundation for £7.99 at boots here which for 30ml of product is pretty darn good. The bottle is glass and there is a pump so you can easily apply the foundation.  

If you are interested in any other Rimmel foundations check out my reviews here:

So have you tried this foundation? What's your go to foundation? Let me know in the comments!


BlogLovin |


Twitter |

21 comments:

  1. My friend just brought this, sounds really good!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really good foundation I very rarely use foundation from the high street as I prefer MAC but I recently tried Rimmel's Stay Matte foundation and it's absolutely amazing!


    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually tried my very first MAC foundation after this foundation!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  3. Would love to try this foundation! Great review, and I have fallen in love with your blog! Keep it up xx

    http://julieandmakeup1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ran out of wake me up foundation so might give this one a try! Who would wear foundation for 25 hours without washing their face haha? Strange. Found your blog via #lblogger chat and followed you on bloglovin:)
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is madness isn't it! Thank you so much!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  5. I dont think I have tried any rimmel foundations but youve just reminded me that I have a few samples. 25 hours does seem a weird length of time though I guess useful for long haul flights (if you dont remove your makeup pre flight!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try out those samples you have! I know it is such a weird length of time isn't it!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  6. I've used this before and really liked it!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear! I'm really enjoying it so far.

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  7. Nice review! Love Rimmel products, but I've never tried this.

    Jasmine xx For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use the Match Perfection and love tht so i should probably give this a go!

    http://www.daenabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that foundation! I tried true match by Loreal so maybe I should give that a go!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love Rimmel make-up but it's such a shame that I can never seem to get a foundation light enough that it suits me for every day use.

    S xo.

    blinkeredbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree some do have a problem with oxidisation before fading so I often tend to powder the foundation with a lighter or translucent powder to tame this. But I do still love their foundations!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  10. Oooh this sounds pretty good, I'm always looking for long-lasting foundations! In the past I've found that Rimmel's foundations oxidise on my skin quite badly, though :/ Have you had that problem with this one?

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - I totally agree with you I have often had the same problem. This one I find is much better than the others - in fact I would say it doesn't really oxidise at all!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  11. Lovely blog! Keep it up x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much!

    Claire

    xxx

    ReplyDelete