Monday 14 July 2014

Makeup Revolution - The Matte Effect Foundation - Review

Hello everyone! Today I am once again taking a look at the Make-up brand that lately seems to have taken the blogging world by storm. Of course once again I am talking about Makeup Revolution. Now... I am becoming slightly obsessed with buying foundations. I honestly don't think I will be happy until I have a million and one foundations that fit each type of finish for the skin! I thought trying the more affordable Makeup Revolution foundation, which is available for £2 here, would be the perfect way to feed my foundation addiction without breaking the bank!

Makeup Revolution - The Matte Effect Foundation

The foundation itself is in very durable plastic tube that is both clean and sleek in appearance. I love the use of rose gold text. If I am being picky I have a slight problem with the lid. On my packaging, although it completely shuts, the lid does not fully turn to be straight with the packaging. This means that the lid always looks like it is at a slight tilt. Not a problem for £2 however it's those little touches that makes the product look much more expensive than it is.

I'm going to be the first to say that I accidentally clicked add to basket too early and put in the shade Natural by mistake! Luckily the shade is fine for my summer skin tone. If I had my chance again I would have picked up Ivory! 


Although the swatch doesn't entirely match my pale hands it does match my slightly more tanned face! Though as I said I would choose a slightly lighter shade in future. As you can tell from the swatch the foundation itself is liquidy (my describing abilities are amazing). It is a tad runny for my liking however it provides a lovely natural finish.


The coverage is very light and natural. I would compare this to a CC cream myself. I often find myself using this foundation when I want a much more natural finish or when I don't want to wear very heavy make-up. So is the foundation matte? Initially yes however this does wear off throughout the day. The foundation claims to last 16 hours which honestly I don't agree with. I think the foundation lasts around 8-10 for those of us with a very hectic lifestyle! 

Overall I would totally recommend this foundation for more natural make-up days. I would also recommend this for younger skin as it simply colour corrects and applies a little bit of coverage. For £2 you can't really argue for the value for money!

Have you tried the Makeup Revolution range yet? Have you tried their foundations? What is your favourite affordable foundation? Let me know in the comments!

BlogLovin |



Twitter |

30 comments:

  1. I thought I'd read it wrong when I saw the price of this! You look absolutely gorgeous and really natural, definitely going to buy some for myself! :) ♡♡

    http://shannonmarina.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is such an amazing price! Foundation for £2? Amazing! Thank you so much!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Great review! Can't wait for pay day to splash out on this brand.
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I've wanted to try out their products for ages, this will definitely be going on my list :) xx
    pugsandflowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give this brand a go. They have some amazing products available.

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  4. This product sounds good, especially because of the effect! =)
    Great post, I really like your blog! I found it because of the #bbloggers chat!
    Please, check out my blog too!

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much!

    Claire

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I chose Ivory and I was pretty disappointed with this foundation, it isn't matte for me and very sheer.. maybe mine was bad.. had the same problem with the lid not closing properly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only person with the same problem with the lid!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  7. I love a good sheer foundation! Definitely getting this! Would the shade Natural match a light-medium skin tone? I'm Asian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great for natural make-up days! I would say so - maybe because it is so sheer if the shade undertones are a little off it won't be too much of a problem!

      Claire

      xxx

      Delete
  8. Love this foundation - it is lightweight and very natural looking.

    ReplyDelete