Wednesday 23 September 2015

Real Techniques - Miracle Complexion Sponge - Review

Real Techniques - Miracle Complexion Sponge

A few months ago I managed to bag a few real techniques sponges at a bargain price. You know me I'm always on the hunt for a bargain! I've been meaning to try a beauty sponge for the longest time but as always I'm slow to try out hyped products... which is good I suppose. The hyped products that tend to linger on the bloggersphere tend to be the real gems to go out and pick up and this sponge is no exception.

Real Techniques - Miracle Complexion Sponge

For those of you that don't know how to use the miracle complexion sponge you simply soak it under the tap until it has absorbed water and wring out the excess water. The sponge pretty much doubles in size which is pretty impressive! This sponge is often compared with the Beauty Blender which I just can't bring myself to try. That price for something that needs to be chucked out every few months? No thank you!

This sponge makes the application process pretty easy. I use the flat base to apply the foundation to my face whilst using the rounded sides to blend the foundation. The pointed tip is perfect for getting under the eyes and around the nose.

Personally I have a problem sometimes with foundation clingy to the eczema on my face. Usually this is around my nose and under my eyes but during the winter it can be patchy all over my face and make it look really obvious that I'm wearing foundation. The miracle complexion sponge seems to help counteract this. I don't know if it's because of the water added with the foundation but it no longer leaves that clinged on foundation look. 

The only thing about the sponge is that, for me, it needs water. I've heard a lot of good things about using this sponge dry but I do prefer to use it wet. For me that is a bit annoying as I'm not near a sink as I get ready for work each day. Consequently, during the weekdays I neglect this sponge and opt for the easy make-up brush. Another downside is washing the sponge. It is a bit of a pain and because of the orange colour it can be difficult to spot where needs cleaning. I also prefer to wash the sponge after each use which in itself can be a bit of a pain! For those wondering I clean my sponge with baby shampoo and it seems to do the job!

Despite the negatives, which lets be honest is down to my own laziness, I really love this sponge. I currently have two so I can use one and have one washed! I can't see myself being without it in the future any time soon!

Have you tried the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge? What were your thoughts? Let me know in the comments!

BlogLovin | Instagram | Twitter | 



5 comments:

  1. I love this sponge so so much. I haven't tried using it damp yet, but it seems to work miracles on blending my foundation dry! It's also excellent for concealer application and blending

    Beth || babbleswithbeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't praise this sponge enough! Bought it a few months ago and love it. Would agree though that it is a bit of a pain to clean :( x

    Georgina | Rent or Chanel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love their brushes and really want to try this out!
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting for one of these to arrive so I'm glad to see they it's a good product. I have been using a cheaper version of the beauty blender (I'm totally with you on the price of that one), but they do tend to start breaking up after about a month so figured I'd spend a little more and go for the RT one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite makeup sponges. Works best when you get these saturated with water slightly. Makes foundation go on very smooth... http://deadseaproductstore.com

    ReplyDelete